Tips & Pointers
Quick tips & pointers for a delicious, healthy meal
- Fresh shiitake mushrooms should be firm and unblemished. They should not have a strong odor when purchased. When cooked, they are prized for their meaty texture.
- Always look for the “APF” label to be assured of the highest quality Shiitake mushrooms.
- Keep any stock made from boiled mushrooms for gravy or soups as it is full of vitamins and minerals.
- Enoki Mushrooms are very mild in taste. When fresh, they should be white and firm. They require very little cooking.
- Oyster mushrooms can contain a lot of moisture and if they seem to be boiling rather than frying, drain off the liquid and reserve it and continue to fry.