- How can I store mushrooms properly/ how can I keep mushrooms fresh?
- Storing in the fridge at 1 – 4 degrees Celsius (33 – 40 degrees Fahrenheit) is recommended
- GOOD in paper bags (will dry out a bit, but it’s natural)
- NOT good in sealed plastic bags
- How long can I keep mushrooms fresh for?
- Once the package is opened, we recommend consuming it as soon as possible.
- Shiitake mushrooms can stay fresh within the package for 2 – 3 weeks (in the fridge).
- Oyster mushrooms can stay fresh within the package for 1 – 2 weeks (in the fridge).
- Is there a difference between the quality and size of any mushrooms?
- There is no difference in quality with respect to size of the mushrooms.
- Size difference existed for varieties in culinary preparation and personal preference. Some like it big, some like it bite-sized.
- There are some small amounts of hair/fur on my Shiitake mushrooms…?
- Only present when shiitake mushrooms are at their freshest state. (The fresher they are, the more there is)
- Will only be present through delicate picking/havesting of shiitake mushrooms. (Give it a few rubs and they’ll disappear.)
- It is normal and perfectly fine. (when bought directly from farmers, or wholesaler who buys local, fresh, quality mushrooms)
- See our Mushroom product section on Shiitake for reference.
- Does APF Mushrooms sell directly to the public? (not through retail)
- Yes => Pick up at our farm.
- Yes =>Delivery for purchase over $20 within the Metro-Vancouver area on specific delivery days. (Some conditions apply, please inquire)
- Is the farm open to public for Tour?
- We apologize as we do not give tours anymore due to a lot of various standards that must be met to continue to provide you with the best possible quality mushrooms, and confidently serve our valued customers with assured quality consistency.
We value all comments, questions, and contributions.
Please e-mail APFweb@APForganic.com.
Thank you for visiting~
We look forward to hearing from you & to serve you better.
Asia Pacific Farm